02/02/2011

Kinetica Art Fair


The Kinetica Art Fair is on from Thursday 3rd to Sunday 6th February and might be interesting. Madi Boyd is one of the artists exhibiting and her work is shown above. She says: "For me, a blank canvas is a pitch dark room into which I sculpt light and space by combining built environments with projected video. I have made several works where the cinema screen is re-invented as sculpture and interacts with the film. My current work explores perception of movement and form in space. I am collaborating with neuroscientists at UCL to produce experimental arenas in order to explore the limits of human perception. These resist full comprehension of their form, making them compelling to view. People often report that they are mesmerised by my installations.' Madi Boyd
There are also some interesting talks as well as workshops 'to create inventive, interactive devices.... lighting fixtures that respond to the world around us, or magically make music out of simple electronic circuitry.' workshops
Art Fair site